Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Dad's old WE 754a's and Altec 755a's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Junior Hostboard Member Talbot78sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2016
    Location
    Orange County CA, USA
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Dad's old WE 754a's and Altec 755a's

    Cleaning out the garage rafters last weekend. Forgot I had these stashed up there. Been up there 30+yrs and probably haven't been hooked up to anything since the mid-60's. I never heard them as a kid growing up since Dad hadn't built cabinets for them. He never got around to that as raising us four kids kept him and Mom pretty busy.
    Thought you all would enjoy seeing what they look like.
    Enjoy.
    Guess I can only upload so many. Sorry, newbie here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2015
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,069
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Re: Dad's old WE 754a's and Altec 755a's

    Hey its good to see you could join the hostboard so quickly. Sometimes there is a delay when you first sign up. They must have worked all the kinks out

    The guys here will have some good advice on what kind of cabinets to build for those

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Dad's old WE 754a's and Altec 755a's


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Dad's old WE 754a's and Altec 755a's

    that's great stuff to start off with. if I had 5000$ i'd offer it. but you'd be a fool to take it. the 755Es sound awesome. but the As are legend.

    JE Labs Arkiv: WE/Altec 755 Part 1

    check out part 2 I used his idea for cabinets
    Sonic Barbarian

  4. #4
    Junior Hostboard Member Talbot78sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2016
    Location
    Orange County CA, USA
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dad's old WE 754a's and Altec 755a's

    Thanks guys. Good to be here.
    I didn't realize it until a little while ago. I've actually been an Altec listener for a long, long time and didn't even know it!
    I used to have speaker housings that were from my dad, hung in the garage.
    Like these in this picture I borrowed from the web.

    They were big and space started to become an issue so I took them down and replaced them with some Infinity Infinitesimal's which were about 1/2 the size. I never knew what was inside the big brown boxes, just knew that they sounded pretty nice. I gave them to my brother since he's got a big shop to put them in. Don't know if he's using them or not. As kids, Dad let us hook up his McIntosh amp and old Fisher tuner to one of them so we could listen to FM radio back in the early '60's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Dad's old WE 754a's and Altec 755a's

    Wow! Reminiscent of the pristine '57 fuelie 'vette found in a barn........ Thanks for sharing!

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Dad's old WE 754a's and Altec 755a's


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Sonic Barbarian

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.